The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
I was aware of Legend when I was at D1. The equipment is very heavy duty and very state of the art. So when it came time to start looking for the right equipment for our program at UAB, Legend was already a name I was familiar with. We have a 45,000 sq. ft. building and only 3,500 sq. ft. dedicated to the weight room, and we were also going to have a covered pavilion. So I was thinking how can we utilize this space, and I began looking at different companies that made multifunctional racks. I was then approached by David Ball from Legend Fitness and I explained to him what I needed. He invited me down to Legend HQ for three days where I sat down with the team and laid everything out. They delivered above and beyond. When we went to see the prototype I was like a kid in a candy store. The greatest thing about it is that it’s functional, I’m able to have 150 guys in the group and everything is so well put together and thought out that we were able to knock our workouts down from an hour and a half to 40 minutes.
Director of Sports Performance for UAB
With the resurgence of the football program at UAB came the need for a new weight room and training center. With that, came the demand for some pretty specific strength equipment and the requirement to fit it all in two spaces, one smaller in size, and one outdoor. Legend Fitness, of course, delivered. Between our standard lineup of strength equipment and our ability to move quickly and custom-design some extreme pieces, we were able to give the UAB football team just what they needed… and then some!
The Legend Fitness design team and Lyle Henley sat down and designed some custom pieces of equipment to help make the most of the 3500 square foot weight room and outdoor training area. Between the development of new products like the Reverse Back Extension/GHD Combo and numerous Pro Series and Continuum attachments, and Legend Fitness having all the right connections for flooring, weights, bars, and other strength training accessories, the new Blazers Football weight room and training center is a state-of-the-art fitness marvel.
Finished in Textured Black with custom Blazers Green accessories, the Blazers’ equipment is awe-inspiring. Custom nameplates and wearguard embroidery, combined with logos on the flooring and on weights, bring just enough school spirit into the space to get this team amped up even more.
Welcome back, Blazers!
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Equipment
- Pro Series Modular Power Cage
- Fusion 5 Half Cage Module with Skinny Bar
- Reverse Back Extension/GHD Combo
- Double-Sided Pro Series Monster Hooks
- Fusion 7 Dynamic Ladder Module for Full & Modular Cages
- Laser Cut Nameplate Crossmember for Pro Series Cages
- Pro Series Single Unit Dip Attachment
- Continuum 4-Foot Modular Bar Connector
- Continuum 4-Foot Standard Bar Connector
- Continuum Series Dynamic Ladder Attachment
- Dual LandMine
- Custom Logo Embroidery
- 96-Inch Side-to-Side Connector for Pro Series and Modular Cages
- Pro Series Split Squat Roller Attachment
- Pro Series Safety Straps
- 3.5″ Diameter Pull-Up Spheres
- 15 Pair Pro Style Dumbbell Rack
- Multi Storage Rack
- SelectEDGE Lat Pulldown/Low Row Combo
- Legend Fitness Olympic Bar
- Legend Fitness Power Bar
- Three-Way Utility Bench
- Performance Plyo Cushion Set
- Continuum Lifting Station
- Continuum 4-Foot Double Bar Connector
- Continuum 8-Foot Modular Bar Connector
- Fusion 6 Rotating Destroyer Arms Module