Made in the USA with American Steel & Labor
- Meets all IPF standards for bench press.
- Bar height adjusts from 29 to 44 inches in one inch increments.
- Chrome plated bar catches with laser cut numbering.
- Only two frame bolts make for an ultra-rigid setup.
Designed to meet all IPF standards for bench press competitions, the Competition Flat Bench Press has all the right measurements:
- Pad surface height: 17″ (exactly meets IPF standards)
- Pad dimensions: 51.5″ x 12″
- Pad extend from bar center: 9″
- Gap between bar catches: 44″
- One inch hole spacing
- Spotter platform dimensions: 18″ x 30″
Constructed from 11 gauge steel and only requiring two frame bolts, this strong setup will not flex or shimmy, even when the heaviest weight is racked. Added support underneath the shoulder area and bolt-down tabs offer an extra layer of rigidity and stability.
The chrome-plated bar catches are four inches wide and extra-tall, making it easier to safely rack up, and the polymer coating inside helps protect the knurling on bars. The bar catches are welded to chrome plated posts, which feature laser-cut numbering for easy adjustments, and holes in one-in increments. They adjust from 29 inches all the way up to 44 inches and are secured by a ½-inch pop pin.
The pad is made of ultra-dense foam padding covered in double-stitched 32-ounce marine-grade vinyl. It sits 17” off the floor and measures 51 ½ inches by 12 inches, providing a sturdy base that doesn’t get in the way of a lifter’s shoulder blades.
The frame is powder coated in any one of our standard colors. Wear guards along the bottom of the uprights allows you to lean plates that aren’t in use against it, without worrying about scratches. A welded-on spotter platform measures 18 by 30 inches and is made from diamond plate. This provides a stable space for a spotter to catch any missed lifts.