The Woodshop/Carpentry Associate requires basic wood working and carpentry skills. This position will be responsible for the manufacturing and finishing of specific wood products in accordance to prints and specifications. The Woodshop/Carpentry Associate will be responsible for operating various woodworking tools and machines such as saws, nail guns, commercial sanders and finishers.
As a Legend Fitness Woodshop/Carpentry Associate you will be expected to:
- Have verifiable carpentry or wood-working experience with a good understanding of wood product construction and finishing.
- Be proficient in the use of various wood saws, commercial sanders, nail-guns and hand tools. This is required.
- Operate precision measuring devices such as tape measures, calipers, protractors, and other measuring tools.
- Match and blend wood stain, and be able to flawlessly finish unfinished flooring and wood products.
- Read and interpret product blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Work with various hardwoods, softwoods, and engineered flooring products.
- Perform self-inspection of finished product to ensure accuracy and consistency is maintained for all products, in accordance with quality requirements, specs and drawings.
- Be proficient with math, and all units of measurement (standard, metric, fractions, decimals).
- Consistently work according to and maintain all company quality standards.
- Perform any other tasks as directed by managers or supervisors.
- Adhere to all standards of health and safety.
Experience, education, and background desired for this position:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years proven carpentry or woodshop experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- A good understanding of wood product construction and finishing.
- Must be able to read and interpret product blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Experience matching and blending wood stain, and the ability to flawlessly finish unfinished flooring and wood products is imperative.
- Experience working with various types of hardwoods and softwoods.
- Experience installing different types of hardwood and engineered flooring products.
- Experience with commercial wood laminating and coating processes is a benefit.
- Must be physically able to lift and move items, products and materials weighing up to 50 pounds, unassisted, as an essential function of the position.
- Able to correctly and accurately inspect all attributes of all materials and parts.
- Good written and verbal communication. Able to communicate effectively within all departments.
- Able to work without supervision and also as part of our production team.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
Pay and scheduling details:
- The Woodshop/Carpentry Associate position is a full time position.
- Shifts are 8 hours long Monday through Friday.
- Overtime and weekend work may be available.
Compensation and benefits offered by Legend Fitness include:
- Competitive wage rate.
- Overtime eligible.
- Excellent health benefits package, including dental and vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick days, and public holidays.
- 401K offered (with matching) after one year of continuous employment.
- Waiting period may apply for some benefits.
- Only full time employees are eligible for benefits.
Location details are:
- This position is open to anyone who meets the qualifications in Knoxville, Tennessee and the surrounding areas.
- Remote work is not available for this position.
Interested in applying for the Woodshop/Carpentry Associate job? Fill out the form below: