Are you an experienced sewist, seamstress, or upholsterer looking for a fulfilling career in the fitness equipment manufacturing industry? Legend Fitness is looking for a full time Upholstery Technician in our Knoxville, Tennessee headquarters.
As a Legend Fitness Upholstery Technician you will be expected to:
- Operate hand-sewing equipment, commercial sewing machine, nail guns, hobnail and tack-hammer, hot-knife cutters and other similar equipment.
- Use power and hand tools to apply and install batting, foam, and poly-filler.
- Cut vinyl upholstery fabric according to patterns, to fit wood backboards in the assembly of hand-crafted equipment pads, seats, etc.
- Attach finishes, including trim and other decorative accessories, to complete orders according to specifications.
- Read work orders and maintain data for production schedule status.
- Inspect wood frames and boards for defects and make repairs as needed, prior to upholstery application and other finish work
- Determine fabric inventory and report requirements to Production Buyer; provide status updates about fabric availability to Plant Manager.
Experience, education, and background desired for this position:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED) is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum one year of sewing experience required.
- College degree or diploma is not required for this position.
- This is a good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or have been out of the workforce for the past six months or more.
- Open to those who may need a “Fair Chance” in terms of background checks.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Pay and scheduling details:
- The Upholstery Technician position is a full time position.
- Compensation offered is $10 to $14 per hour, paid bi-weekly.
- Shifts are 8 to 10 hours long Monday through Friday.
- Overtime and weekend work may be available.
- First shift (6:00AM to 3:00PM) and second shift (2:00PM to 10PM) openings are available.
Compensation and benefits offered by Legend Fitness include:
- Additional training for this role will be provided.
- Competitive wage rate.
- Overtime eligible.
- Excellent health benefits package, including dental and vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick days, and public holidays.
- 401K offered (with matching) after one year of continuous employment.
- Waiting period may apply for some benefits.
- Only full time employees are eligible for benefits.
Location details are:
- This position is open to anyone who meets the qualifications in Knoxville, Tennessee and the surrounding areas.
- Remote work is not available for this position.
Interested in applying for the Upholstery Technician job? Fill out the form below: