The Legend Fitness Production Supervisor will supervise all areas of the production process–from raw material prep to final assembly–and all production personnel within the production areas assigned to ensure our high quality products are delivered on-time, meet all quality specifications, and meet predetermined production schedules. This position will supervise all employees within the assigned areas to build a culture of high performance and accountability. The Production Supervisor will develop weekly/daily process schedule derived from Master Production Schedules, and will report directly to the Production Manager.
A Legend Fitness Production Supervisor will be expected to:
- Be responsible for daily/weekly shift schedules to include: work station assignment, employee training, overtime assignment, and manpower loads.
- Set schedules to maintain production levels as dictated by demand.
- Oversee safety and promotes a safety conscious work environment.
- Communicate with management and other departments to maintain alignment of goals and schedules.
- Oversee product quality throughout the process in accordance with company standards.
- Coordinate shift startups, shutdowns, and change overs.
- Train and mentor team leads and employees.
- Coordinate with Production Manager for appropriate staffing levels.
- Complete shift paperwork daily.
Experience, education, and background desired for this position:
- Associates Degree or Higher, or at least 5 years applicable industry work experience.
- Proven track record within manufacturing supervision/management.
- Significant work experience in a high volume metal products manufacturing environment a benefit.
- Understanding production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
- Extensive experience working in metal fabrication and assembly operations.
- 5 years steel/metal fabrication experience in volume production environment.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to develop and execute weekly production schedules.
- Experience with supervising of a shift of 10 to 20 employees.
- Experience maintaining manufacturing metrics.
- Ability to read prints, interpret drawings and specifications.
- Ensure all processes meet minimum quality standards for in-process and finished products.
- Will maintain all housekeeping policies, and ensure cleanliness of all areas and workstations, at all times, daily.
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong, positive communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Understanding of Lean, 5S, Six Sigma concepts a benefit.
Compensation and benefits offered by Legend Fitness include:
- Highly competitive wage rate, plus overtime eligible.
- Excellent health benefits package, including dental and vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick days, and public holidays.
- 401K offered (with matching) after one year of continuous employment.
- Waiting period may apply for some benefits.
- Only full time employees are eligible for benefits.
Location details are:
- This position is open to anyone who meets the qualifications in Knoxville, Tennessee and the surrounding areas.
- Remote work is not available for this position.
Interested in applying for the Production Supervisor position? Fill out the form below: