Legend Fitness is looking to add a Powder Coating Department Lead-In-Training to our growing team of manufacturing experts. As a Powder Coating Department Lead-In-Training, you will learn the powder coating process, become familiar with our product line, and develop the general skills required for manufacturing department leadership. This position is a great opportunity for candidates with prior leadership experience in other fields who would like to start a career in manufacturing.
As a Powder Coating Department Lead-In-Training you will be expected to:
- Be able to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds in a production environment.
- Have communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Effectively manage 5-8 department employees.
- Inventory parts and equipment relevant to the department
Experience, education, and background desired for this position:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- One year of experience operating a powder or paint booth is preferred, but not required.
- College degree or diploma is not required for this position.
- Open to those who may need a “Fair Chance” in terms of background checks.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Pay and scheduling details:
- The Powder Booth Apprentice position is a full-time position.
- Shifts are 8 to 10 hours long Monday through Friday.
- Starting pay is $13 to $15 hourly, depending on experience.
- Candidate is guaranteed a 90 day review. It is at this point when he/she will become a full time department lead for Legend Fitness. Pay will be adjusted if all training criteria are met.
- Overtime and weekend work may be available.
Compensation and benefits offered by Legend Fitness include:
- Additional training for this role will be provided.
- Competitive wage rate.
- Overtime eligible.
- Excellent health benefits package, including dental and vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick days, and public holidays.
- 401K offered (with matching) after one year of continuous employment.
- Waiting period may apply for some benefits.
- Only full time employees are eligible for benefits.
Location details are:
- This position is open to anyone who meets the qualifications in Knoxville, Tennessee and the surrounding areas.
- Remote work is not available for this position.
Interested in applying for the Powder Coating Department Lead-In-Training job? Fill out the form below: