The Legend Fitness Store Room Associate/Materials Handler will be responsible for all warehouse activities and functions. This includes, but is not limited to, unloading trucks, receiving inspection, stocking and storing materials to correct warehouse and plant locations. This position will also be expected to maintain accurate materials and stock controls to ensure accuracy, secure proper storage of parts, materials and equipment to prevent damages or stock loss, and ensure all production areas receive required parts and materials to meet schedules, on time and according to production requirements. Must be certified and have current fork truck operators license.
A Legend Fitness Store Room Associate/Materials Handler will be expected to:
- Maintain all materials, parts and equipment stored in the warehouse areas in good order.
- Ensure proper stock and material controls of all parts, materials and equipment to ensure quality and data accuracy.
- Unload all incoming trucks and delivery vehicles.
- Conduct receiving inspections of all incoming parts and materials to ensure correct specifications are met.
- Complete all receiving documentation and inventory control documents, and coordinate with buyers.
- Move inspected parts from receiving to correct storage locations within warehouse and factory.
- Will conduct daily and weekly cycle counts of parts and materials, as directed by buyers and production manager.
- Will conduct complete bi-annual Inventory Counts of all parts and materials, under the direction of the production manager.
- Report any stock-outs, inventory shortages or damages to buyers and production manager.
- Materials handling: Pick and pull all parts and materials required to support daily/weekly production schedules.
- Deliver production parts and materials to correct production areas, on-time and in good order, per schedules.
- Will conduct daily and weekly housekeeping and 5S activities in all warehouse areas, in accordance with company standards.
- Must be certified and have current experience driving fork trucks.
- Will work according to and maintain all company quality standards.
- Perform any other tasks as directed by managers or supervisors.
Experience, education, and background desired for this position:
- Must be physically able to lift and move items, products and materials weighing up to 50 pounds, unassisted, as an essential function of the position.
- Able to correctly and accurately inspect all attributes of all materials and parts.
- Good written communication. This position is required to send reports and documentation to buyers and managers.
- Good verbal communication. Must be able to communicate effectively within all departments.
- Able to work without supervision and also as part of our production team.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Have a current fork truck operators license.
- Will adhere to all standards of health and safety.
- At least 1 year of proven warehouse operations experience is required.
- Must have basic understanding of modern warehousing practices and methods.
Pay and scheduling details:
- The Store Room Associate/Material Handler position is a full time position.
- Shifts are 8 hours long Monday through Friday.
- Overtime and weekend work may be available.
Compensation and benefits offered by Legend Fitness include:
- Excellent health benefits package, including dental and vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick days, and public holidays.
- 401K offered (with matching) after one year of continuous employment.
- Waiting period may apply for some benefits.
- Only full time employees are eligible for benefits.
Location details are:
- This position is open to anyone who meets the qualifications in Knoxville, Tennessee and the surrounding areas.
- Remote work is not available for this position.
Interested in applying for the Store Room Associate/Materials Handler position? Fill out the form below: