How do I maintain my equipment?
Since Legend Fitness equipment is made with as few bolts as possible and is then powder coated, maintenance is low. Equipment managers should inspect equipment on a regular basis and contact Legend Fitness in the event of extreme wear or signs of damage.
Powder coated surfaces can be washed with soapy water, rinsed, and dried, or wiped clean. It is best to use a lint-free cloth when cleaning or drying powder coating. Avoid using glass cleaner or other harsh chemicals on powder coated surfaces. NOTE: DO NOT use bleach or alcohol-based cleaners to clean equipment. This can cause premature rust. Doing so will invalidate Legend warranties and guarantees.
Upholstered surfaces can be cleaned with soapy water or a damp cloth. A white cloth is recommended for cleaning and disinfecting so as to avoid transferring any dyes. To disinfect the upholstered surfaces of your Legend Fitness equipment, a quaternary ammonia compound or citrus-oil based disinfectant is recommended. Alcohol-, phenol-, and bleach-based cleaners should not be used on upholstered surfaces as this can damage the finish and color of the upholstery. A furniture wax can be wiped over a cleaned upholstered surface to restore shine and offer protection.
We have written a few blog posts on the subject of equipment maintenance and knowing when it’s time to replace your equipment. You can read them here:
- Recommended Cleaning & Disinfecting Procedures for Legend Fitness Equipment
- Proper Care of Your Fitness Equipment
- Six Ways To Ensure Your Legend Equipment Is In Top Shape
- Five Signs You Need to Replace Your Strength Equipment
We also have a General Safety and Maintenance Guide PDF available for download, which you can print out to keep handy for easy reference.
If your Legend Fitness equipment needs servicing, fill out the Service Request Form here, fill it out, and return it to us. A member of our staff will contact you to schedule service.
Can using cleaning products other than what Legend Fitness recommends void my warranty?
Yes. Using harsh chemicals, such as bleach or alcohol, or abrasive surfaces, such as wire brushes or steel wool, to clean your Legend Fitness equipment will void your warranty. The Legend Fitness warranty specifically states:
Legend Fitness factory warranty is only valid on products purchased direct from a Legend Fitness Sales Representative or from an authorized Legend Fitness Dealer or approved Reseller.
- This warranty applies to only the original purchaser and is not transferable.
- Use of the equipment in any environment that is subject to excessive temperatures or moisture may void the warranty.
- This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear – including, but not limited to: cables, belts, chains, wearguards, powder coat finishes, upholstery cuts or any other incidental damage as a result of regular use and attrition or improper cleaning (use of bleaches and alcohols).
- Under no circumstances will Legend Fitness be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, incidental, secondary or consequential losses, damages, or expenses in connection with exercise products.
- This warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective component of Legend Fitness manufacture. Repair or replacement will be at the discretion of Legend Fitness, and is the sole remedy of the warranty.
- This warranty does not cover damage that is not a result of a manufacturer defect, including improper assembly, inadequate maintenance, or installation of other parts or components not manufactured or supplied by Legend Fitness.
- This warranty does not cover damage or failure as a result of an accident, abuse, corrosion, use of the device other than its intended purpose, discoloration of paint or plastic, neglect, theft, vandalism, fire, flood, lightning, freezing or other natural disasters, collision, or unauthorized modifications.
It is best to follow our recommended cleaning guidelines to keep your equipment clean and disinfected.
Who do I contact for replacement parts or service for my equipment?
For replacement parts, fill out the form here.
To request service on your Legend Fitness brand products, download the Service Request Form here, fill it out, and return it to us. A member of our staff will contact you to schedule service.