New Pro Series Power Sled - 5/6/2011
For an intense field (or parking lot) exercise that really gets the
blood pumping and the legs churning, trainers turn to weighted sleds.
While the original intent for sleds of this type was to train football
linemen, several fantastic sled techniques have been developed to build
leg strength, explosiveness, acceleration and overall athletic
conditioning. To meet the demands of these varied techniques, and to
perhaps add a few more, Legend's designers saw what the market had to
offer and felt there was still room for improvement. The result is the
Pro Series Push/Pull Power Sled. Here's a few of the features that make
this the most versatile sled available today:
• More robust frame built with 2x3-inch 11 gauge steel. Compare to competitor's sleds built with smaller 2x2-inch tubing.
• More attachment points on both side of the sled. With a single
attachment point on the pointed end and three attachment points on the
wide end, the Pro Series Push/Pull Power Sled offers more options for
web handle and belt strap exercises.
• Chrome-plated push handles/load pegs are more durable with less
scratching, flaking and rusting. They are also secured by and easily
removed with the twist of a beefy, rubber-coated thumbwheel.
• Foam rubber-coated grips for the low handles. Makes for a more
comfortable and secure grip when hands get sweaty - and they WILL get
• Replaceable sled feet secured by a single bolt. Extends the value of
your sled investment when used on abrasive surfaces such as concrete or
asphalt. Single bolt design makes switching out old feet for new ones a
• Three Olympic weight pegs, as opposed to the competition's two pegs.
Gives the user the option of centrally locating the weight or
distributing that weight to the rear of the sled.
• Additional frame crossmember increases frame rigidity and durability
while providing "pockets" of the user to load the sled with kettlebells.
• Comes with two web handles with snap links.
• Optional high handlebar is available.
If this recent breed of triangular sleds is new to you, the concept was
originally derived to force linemen to get very low to perform their
pushes or risk driving the single forward foot into the turf. Since that
time, many more techniques and exercises have been developed to make
these sleds an excellent solution for overall conditioning.
The Pro Series Push/Pull Power Sled weighs about 83 lbs empty, and can
be loaded up with more weight than the competition, and a price that
makes it the best value in the market. Call your Legend representative
today to find out firsthand how it is the best sled solution on the